Sunday, October 23, 2005

Fucking Pumpkins!



So, if you're thinking about carving pumpkins this year it's a great idea...really. However, you had better get started because Halloween is only a week away.

That being said, you see that really cool white pumpkin at the top of my blog? That was a fucking bitch and a half to carve! I did it, all by myself, with no electric saw or anything like that. It turned out pretty cool if I do say so myself. But the roughly 3 hours it took me to finish was torture!

Those fuckers have like a 3 inch thick rhind! I got it all gutted, and cut only to find out that the pumpkin saw I was using didn't penetrate deep enough to make the cuts all the way through! So a lot of it was done with a steak knife in the end. But it turned out pretty kick ass! I can't wait to put a candle in it tonight!

Just in case you're curious these are the "real" pumpkins we did also...



Leo did the skull on the top and I did the dracula thingy on the bottom. It was fun; and a definate must for our Halloween tradition.

I love this holiday! Even if it does include stupid white pumpkins!

No comments: