Monday, November 07, 2005

I have an affinity...



I've recently discovered that I've got an affinity toward great writers. Now, a statement like this may seem a little silly, or even stupid. I mean, really, who doesn't like a good writer, or a good book for that matter? And very rarely you'll find someone who says that they "Love a terrible book, written by a horrific writer!" But I mean that my affinity steers more toward the unknown writer.

I discovered blogs mostly because a friend of mine did one, and then I decided that I would try and keep one myself. Having had some success with this; albeit not always a great read, I've been pretty good about keeping it up. Which is a first for me, because I was NEVER very good at keeping a journal. And when I was good at it, I would re-read it and find it extremely boring...

"I went to school today, and Brad didn't even notice me..."
"I'm so in love with Chris this week, if only I weren't 13 and trying to grow up before my time."

You know typical teenage girl bullshit.

But lately, I've found that I like to read other people's blogs about their lives and their stories. Maybe it's the voyer in me, but if it's written well, I just love to read it. Now, don't get me wrong, I've read the really boring shit...it's usually something like I used to write in my journal....but lately I've found some really good writers.

If you're a little bit of a cyber peeping tom (like myself) then check out these blogs...
Camp Creepy
Stockparade
They Got a Pepper Bar (Monk)

These are just 3 of my favorites that I keep up on. Enjoy!

No comments: