Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fuck You Very Much...Sincerely, The Karma Fairy



So, the last couple of days have been GREAT! Leo's boat broke, so I got to see him on Friday night. He surprised me at work with flowers, it was a very nice surprise. I've been getting to spend some unexpected time with him and that's always nice when he's supposed to be gone for 3 months.

This morning I got to sleep in; and that's where this day ends with happiness and goodness. Leo has duty so he went to work and I didn't get to see him today (of corse today is the only day this week they didn't have to go in if they didn't have duty). I woke up at 11, and housing was supposed to come out and do a "safety check" on my garage door at 1. Ok great. I have lots of things for them to fix. Well, the guy got here at 1, and was immediately an asshole. Do I have the stereotypical I'M A NAVY WIFE tattoo on my forehead?? Because he was totally condescending to me, treating me like I was a lazy idiot. Let's just say, by the time he left, nothing was fixed and I wanted to drive a lawn dart through his ears and murder him in my driveway! I'm not a fucking moron, and I didn't deserve to be treated like I was.

Then, I left to get a paper so I could get the fliers for the after turkey day sales. Being a Sunday, I put my $1.50 into the newspaper machine. It didn't open. FUCK!! So, I went inside only to find out that they couldn't refund my money because it was "private property" and they "couldn't even post a sign on it telling people that it was broken." So, not only do they know it's broken, but they're going to let people continue to put money into it and do nothing about it!

So, I went to Safeway to get a paper. While in the parking lot I was almost hit by a ton of carts that a [rather young] employee yanked out of the parking lot cart holder and almost into my car. I slammed on my brakes, only to get shot a death glare from the little snot like it was my fault she wasn't paying attention and almost fuct up my car!! Safeway didn't have any newspapers, they were sold out. Figures.

So, I made my way to Albertsons; who apparently doesn't carry any kind of newspaper. So I gave up and rented some movies at Blockbuster. On my way home, I made a last ditch effort to get a paper by stopping at the last gas station; they had a paper, so I bought one.

I got home and everything was fine for a while. Leo got to come see me for like 5 minutes. Just long enough for me to rant about my pitiful day (up to that point) and then he had to leave. The small sunbreak in my day. After he left I put in a movie and relaxed. Figuring [stupidly] that if I stayed home no more bad shit would happen.

I got a call from my grandma to confirm that we were going to Curves in the morning at 7; yes. Oh, and by the way, she says to me "Rich (my grandpa) spent all last night in urgent care; one of his lungs is totally filled with fluid, and he has to have a CAT scan (or MRI or something) to see what's wrong. We don't know what it is, and why it's happening, but the doctor seems really worried....I'm not supposed to tell anyone so don't say ANYTHING to your Mom or aunt!" He had a huge spike in his blood pressure last week, but they didn't find anything wrong; so they're thinking that the two are related. Now, I'm worried about my grandpa; whom I've just started to have an actual relationship with. We always had an unspoken bond, but since they moved up here it's gotten much stronger. And now I'm really worried!

To top all of this bullshit off, dinner is making me feel like I have to puke! This fucking sux!

"Dear Tamara:

Fuck you very much!

Sincerely,
The Karma Fairy

P.S. There are no Day After Thanksgiving ads in today's paper."

1 comment:

Erika said...

you really shouldn't have eaten all of those puppies.
Love, the Karma Fairy