Monday, August 22, 2005

Holy Gall Stones Bat-Man!

Saturday night started out great! I got a REALLY cool painting for my friend Alice for her new house, from my friend Collin. And, Leo and I got to watch Kung Fu Hustle with Erika and Collin.

We made it home about 11 or so, and about 12 the pain started. Figuring it was just gas (I've had this pain before but it went away in about an hour or so) I took just about every over the counter medication I could get down. While rithing in pain on the couch the floor the bed I was unable to fall asleep, or even come close. So finally at 6am (after 6 hours of agony) I finally woke Leo up and made him take me to the hospital.

By the time I had gotten there I had been breaking out into cold and hot sweats and felt pretty nausious. They put me in a bed and stripped me down into a gown, before giving me the bad news. They took an ultra sound and confirmed that I did have gall stones and that my gall bladder should be removed eventually. But until then the doctor wanted me to basically go on a vegan diet over night.

Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you look at it) for me after he talked to the surgeon it was decided that I would have it removed immediately; since I had been in pain for at this point 9 hours. I am greatful for the morphine that I had gotten through my IV line earlier though. So, at this point I was transferred by ambulance to the Bremerton Harrison Hospital for my surgery.

I only waited about 3 hours or so for my surgery, and it was done that day. So it really was a whirlwind. And I'm home now, so it was incredibly fast. However, I am in a lot of pain, and if my fever continues to climb I'll probably be headed back to the hospital. They gave me Vicodin but it doesn't get rid of the pain, it just knocks me out.

Well, I'm off to pass out on the couch. I'll keep it updated whenever it's possible that I can make it out of bed/couch.

1 comment:

Erika said...

wouldn't it be funny if it was GAS. Like super bad gas. No, I guess it wouldn't be funnier...