Thursday, August 04, 2005

Fit or Fat?



I have to get this out to my post before I forget that I'm as mad about it as I am. I'm currently watching Oprah, mostly because there's nothing else on. But the topic today is people who say they're married to someone different than who they originally married. Basically big changes in marriage.

The first one I caught was a couple where the man actually became a woman. He was transgendered and became a fully functioning woman. They're still married and still in love; however livning in celebacy.

The one directly after that was the one that pissed me off. This guy is pissed off that his wife isn't ask skinny as she was when they got married. First off, this situation pales in comparison to the couple directly before them on the show. But second of all Oprah was actually defending this asshole! The woman is overweight, I'll give him that, but she's still very beautiful.

He actually said that it's every man's dream to be married to a skinny woman. I'm waiving the big bullshit flag on that one! My husband loves me no matter how big or small I get. And I think he should be the same way. I don't think he really loves her, and that's really the problem.

Unfortunately, it's all back to society. Women are prettier (in my opinion) with enough meat on their bones not to see their bones. And to be truthful, it's not the weight (on or off) that makes you beautiful; it's your confidence and your personality. As cliche as it sounds it really is true.

Confidence is key.

No comments: