Thursday, August 11, 2005

Get your high heel out of my uterus!



So while being nosy in Live Journal today I found this GREAT group post! Unfortunately you have to be a member to post there and they're closed to new members. BUT it's still a good read!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/sluts4choice/

I definately think that the people here need to send more letters to their "higher ups" because those guys are under the mistaken impression that we don't care as much about abortion rights as older women.

It scares the shit out of me to think that those rights could be taken away. Not because I need an abortion, or ever had one, or even ever might have one. It scares me because I think of the 14 year old girl who made a mistake, or the women who are raped, or the women who might die if they don't get one. Or the simple fact that it's my fucking body and I really don't want anyone telling me what I can and can't do with it.

I actually read an article in a big name magazine about how the pro-life/pro-choice battle is slowly headed toward pro-life. Now, that's scary shit. But the scarier part is the reason. The reason that it's headed that way is because "young" (mostly my age 23) women are #1. mis-informed- they don't think it can happen to them etc. & #2. they don't believe that it's necessacary with all the birth control options out there. Well, there may be a lot of birth control options out there, but they're not exactly cheap for women. Did you know that some insurance companies don't cover birth control for women? Or they do but only part way, so you're left footing a hefty bill?? It's simply not plausable for everyone.

I think we need to get a message across to the women who thing that it's ok to let someone tell you what to do with your body. We need to let them all know that we're not going to let them control our bodies, and our decisions. If we let them into our uterus what's next? Our right to vote, or even work? Because trust me, if they get control it's only a matter of time before they take it all away.

Maybe America is only the land of the free for men.

No comments: