Monday, August 08, 2005

Holier Than Thou...



Ever notice how people that are religious, I mean UBER religious, think that their religion is the ONLY one out there and everyone should convert? I can't stand people like that. My father-in-law happens to be one of those people about Catholocism.

If you really look at religion, and not really that hard either, you'd see that they're all basically the same damn thing. There is a God (of some sort) and he lives in "heaven". If you're good you get to go there. If you're bad there is a Devil (of some sort) and he lives in "hell"; if you're bad you get to go there.

But you know, all these people preaching that you should repent so you can go to heaven kindof scare me. I mean really, I don't want to go to heaven if it means that I have to hang out with those stupid fuckers.

Religion was basically invented (I believe) for 2 reasons. First, we as human beings can't fathom infinate space, time whatever. It's simply just too hard, and we don't have the mechanism in our brain to understand; or we do, but we just don't know how to use it. Second, it was invented to control people. And that's what it does to this very day. Those stupid people who blindly put their faith into whatever god they see fit, and then follow the people who preach the religion. This is how we got the assholes who bombed the Trade Centers.

I think it's time people opened up their own eyes and figured shit out for themselves.

No comments: