Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Year in a Nutshell



So, basically let me sum it up for you in one gramatically poor paragraph...

I started school for nails in January, and Finished in June. Shortly afterward I lost a good friend to bullshit. Then, I got in a small war with DL Roope for failing me because they didn't observe me right, and wouldn't give me my results. I was diagnosed with Papiloedema, the scary thought of losing my eyesight was overshadowed by the even scarier thought that I had a brain tumor. I lost yet another friend to bullshit; and her disbelief in me. Then I got a job at Longworth Sutdio. After that I passed my practical and then my written the next day. I got a job at Shari's at the same time. Shortly after, Leo left to go out to sea. Then the boat broke, and he came home, and left again. Then I went to Thanksgiving at a friend's house in Everett. My best friend (since 7th grade) left for boot camp without even saying goodbye. The next day my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer, in his lungs. Christmas was nice, because he was home from the hospital. But just after I was attacked by Navy Wives for yet again, bullshit. Then, my birthday. It totally rocked! I got my very first Coach purse (I'm sure more will follow!), and my aura and chakra's photographed, and my astrological chart read; dinner with my aunt and grandma and John; and then nurturing a puking friend at The Horse and Cow.

Don't let the puking fool you, it was so late in the day and I had such a great birthday until that point that it didn't effect my mood. All in all, I think I ended it with a bang. Here's hoping that the next year really does bring that windfall that Michael [the guy who read my chart and tarot cards] promised. And that's my year in a nutshell...."help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this nutshell!?!"

No comments: