Saturday, December 03, 2005

Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkkk



Well, so much for today being better than yesterday. I got a call from my grandma today about my grandpa. He's been pretty sick lately; like in the hospital with a collapsed lung sick. So, I guess things got a little worse, and they went back to the hospital.

My grandpa was just diagnosed with mesothelioma. It's a form of cancer that is usually in your lungs (and in my grandpa's case, it is in the lining of his lungs), and is caused by asbestos. Understandibly this is something that they didn't know was dangerous when he was in the Navy and exposed to it on a daily basis. But, apparently it can take 20-40 years to even mastasticise in your body and show up.

I know what you're thinking...it's your grandpa, he's old any way. Think again, he's only like 65. My father-in-law is almost 65! He's my only grandpa, and worse than that he's Leo's only grandpa.

So I already feel totally abandoned lately, and add to that the fact that my grandpa was just diagnosed with cancer. They don't know the specifics yet, so it could still turn out ok, or at the very least better than the worst case scenario. I don't think I could handle another abandonment this month; weather it's something that can be helped or not.

For more info. on mesothelioma you can Click Here.

No comments: