Monday, December 19, 2005

Call Waiting....



Ok, so lemme lay this story out for you...My boss (Kerry) is going down to Mexico Jan. 2nd to get a lap band put on her stomach. And, Monica (our estetician) is going with her. Now, Monica has been inviting all kinds of people to go down to Mexico with them, and Kerry is doing the same thing. Well, a woman got invited that is...shall we say, manic depressive and a little bit obsessive and has no friends. Monica invited her without consulting Kerry, and Kerry was a bit pissed.

So, now that she's been invited she's taken the time off work and calls every day about 3 times trying to talk to them about it. Monica has been handling all the details because she's had this done before at the same hospital in Mexico. So Patty (the annoying lady) calls the salon on Saturday and asks for Monica's number.

So, thinking that she's going with them and will eventually need Monica's number any way, I gave it to her. I got a call later from Kerry; "Never give out an employee's number!" but in the same call tells me "Personally I understand where you're comming from, and I think she deserves it for inviting her without asking me first, but I have to put my boss' hat on and tell you not to give out numbers."

Monica gives out her number to all her clients! Her home number. She writes it on her business cards, I didn't think that this was as big of a deal! But now she's pissed at me, and I don't think I did anything so wrong. Grrr

This is why I hate working with chicks! Unfortunately it's a big part of the business....**sigh**

1 comment:

Erika said...

i think the first thing worng with this whole thing is that your boss is spending money to go to a 3rd world country for a surgical procedure. And it's not like it's for a life threatening illness that the US can't or won't treat.

Maybe instead of spending all of her time worrying about having to deal with an annoying customer/giving out stupid phone numbers, she should get her ass on a treadmill.