Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tent Bonding...FINALLY!!



FINALLY!!

Leo and I spent a better part of the afternoon looking for a suitable tent to bond with the sugar babies in. Finally we settled on a small one from Big 5 that was $20. I wish I could have found that elusive $10 one that everyone keeps telling me is out there. We saw some small ones (you know the kid play houses) that were $15 but they all had velcro closure, and I didn't want a houdini on my hands.

Any way, I spent over an hour with them in this tiny tent. And it worked! Well, for the most part. My male (Stitch) was really curious and at the end was crawling all over my head, and even jumped onto my face! lol It scared me and I let out a small yell, and I think I freaked him out a bit. Woops. Even though he was all over me and exploring, I have 4 sore spots on my fingers where the little bugger broke the skin! And those are the only places he broke the skin. OUCH!! I'm really trying not to pull away, but when that happens he draws blood, and not just a little bit he draws pretty major blood.

Poor Lilo was terrified in the corner for most of the encounter. So, unfortunately it didn't work so well for her; not this time any way. I think we're making progress though, cause I only got crabbed at twice, once when I took them out of the pouch and once when I uncovered her from a towel on the floor. They were so cute burrowing underneath the towel and making little tunnels!

Any way, I'm going to be doing this pretty much every night until I get to a good place where Lilo trusts me and Stitch stops biting. YAY it was so fun!

No comments: