Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Last Hold Out



First, a little background on my relationship with my best friend Chris. I've known him since I was in 7th grade, and we've been friends since 8th.

He's probably the only person I still talk to from high school, that hasn't moved out of the area for several different reasons, the #1 being joining the Navy.

Now, that being said, he's my last friend that has joined the military. I have some mixed feelings about it really.

I'm happy for him because I think that the Navy is a great career move, and it will finally provide him with some stability; not to mention get him the fuck out of Port Orchard, WA.

But I'm a little sad, because he was the last hold out. I thought maybe I had found a friend that would remain outside of the military system; if only for himself, because the rest of his family is basically all in the Navy.

I suppose it's all for the best, and I'm happy for him no matter what. But I will miss him when he's stationed far away from me.

No comments: