Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Popularity Contest



What the hell is up with friendships lately? I just don't get it. When I was in high school, my sophomore year, I was really popular. I mean, people I didn't even know knew who I was and would talk to me at random. It was great. And then it all changed my junior year when I went to the college instead of the high school, and all of my cool friends stayed behind. I lost them all. It was tragic really.

But, having been 5 years out of high school I've come to realize I still havn't gained that popularity back. I find myself struggling to get friends back that I havn't spoken to in years, just so I won't be alone. I mean, I'm not truly alone, I am married, but a girl needs some girl friends now and then.

I do have Erika, and that I'm greatful for. But lately I find myslef scrambling to get someone else to talk to because she's leaving me. Which happens in the Navy, they all go away eventually. And I will to, but I still have a year left in this god forsaken shit hole known as The Peninsula. For the most part I hate Navy wives. Just as soon as I find a cool one they move away from me, or become the devil incarnate. IE Erika and Alice moving away, or Jessica turning into the biggest bitch this side of the Mississippi.

All hope is not lost however, my husband is headed to the USS Alaska Gold next week. Erika is only going to be roughly 2 hours away, and I've finally made contact with a friend of mine from a long time ago. All I can hope is that there are some cool wives on the new boat. Here's hopin!

No comments: