Thursday, December 14, 2006

Strange days...


I was out shopping today when I got a call from my grandma. She got a call from my mom, who is currently in the hospital in Germany....

Apparently a little over a year ago or so, when they were still living in Seal Beach, my Mom was having some problems breathing. Nothing big, or extreme, just shorter of breath than a 40 year old woman in relatively good health should be. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her and sent her on her way.

I guess it's started getting worse lately. Recently they were at a Christmas festival in Germany and my Mom was having problems walking very far at all. When they got home, or rather to Sardinia (close to home for them), she went to the doctor again. This time he could hear something wrong with her heart; and informed her that he would have to send her to the hospital in Germany because he couldn't do any of the required tests at the Sardinia hospital.

So, today sometime, my mom is undergoing tests in a hospital in Germany to find out what's wrong with her heart. I think she's going to have to have angioplasty, which is fairly routine; but not for a 42 year old woman.

I'm not sure if I should be worried, scared or dismiss the whole thing because I'm sure she'll be fine. It was indeed a strange day....let's not hope it turns into a bad week.

No comments: