Thursday, July 27, 2006

Well Finally!




Alright, I'm finally here. It's fucking hot. Duh. I knew that when I told my husband to take this specific duty. I fucking hate hot.

I arrived on Tuesday morning, July 25th. We stepped outside into the covered parking lot to put my suitcases into the car, and I about drown. Seriously, the amount of humidity in the air is ridiculous. It's alright, I'm learning to cope already. We were sitting outside tonight around 8ish, and I said "It feels like it's cooling off a bit..." And alice said to me "yea it's probably about 90 now instead of 94 like it was earlier." OMG! Are you shitting me!?! I'm noticing a 4 degree drop in the temperature it's that fucking hot!

I can totally understand why people think that this is the "armpit" of America. It feels like an armpit. Sweaty, hot and humid. It's alright. My movers are supposed to be here tomorrow to drop all my stuff off. I am SO ready to move into my own place and set up house. I even bought furniture today!

We went around to thrift shops looking for furniture and didn't get too far, but boy are there a ton of furniture stores here! I want cheap furniture thats kitchy and funky that I can paint. I'm going to do my living room (and probably all my furniture, really) in red paint, with a chocolate trim. But I wanna add fun knobs to the drawers and that sort of thing. I'm just feeling so creative lately.

Today I actually bought an old radio/record player/8 track player!! It's awesome, and the speaker covers are red! It's fate I think. I've been looking for an affordable record player for a while, none of the thrift stores in Washington had one; and this one was only $10! I also got a really cool cupboard to hang on the wall. It's square, and it's got a mirror in the door. I'm going to mod podge vintage pictures over the red paint I'm going to put on it.

That's right cats and kittens, I'm going to have a kick ass funky house.....and you're all going to want to come over and listen to records and 8 tracks. But you can't! Because I'm in fucking Virginia!

No comments: