Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Retro Friend



I've come to the realization today that I'm slowly becoming obsolete. Of corse this tends to happen when you move away. You back away from your life slow enough to say a few good-bye's and then....fade to black...

I think that part of this has to do with the sale of items in my house. I've officially sold the guest bed (and gotten rid of it). And, my boss bought 2 of my 3 nail tables and my washer and dryer; her husband picked up the tables today. I'm supposed to have someone come out today to look at purchasing Lilo and Stitch, that will be a nasty blow when they're gone.

Also, part of it all is Leo has been gone for a few days now, and Chris left today. Well, actually pulled the same shit he did last time and tried to leave without saying good-bye again. Fucker. Problem remedied with a 6:15am hug and good-bye. But I was tired. Leo even called this morning around 8:15 so it made my day better.

Things around here are moving at breakneck pace, so it's nice to be able to sit for a minute and blog. I need to get out of this funk. I need to not feel like I'm not worth anything any more, that I'm becoming obsolete; sortof like cassette tapes or 8 tracks. Oh sure, you play em every once in a while for nostalgia, but you don't need them around at all. I guess I'm afraid of becoming a "retro friend."

Take me out and buy me a drink. Make me feel appreciated and loved again! Like I've actually got a purpose still. This is a really weird feeling to have at age 24...

No comments: