Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Under Apprecation...



As my days in Washington wind down; or wind up rather; I'm finding myself in the last week of work. Real work. I'm a Passion Parties consultant now, so I've got that to carry over to Virginia along with nail tech, but with more of an immediate uptake when I get there.

Today was my last day at Shari's. For the last 2 months or so I've been the veteran baker there. Basically picking up the slack from the new guy who can't manage to do the simplest of tasks, and also happens to be a dishwasher on his off baker days.

I worked my ass off for Shari's. Seriously. I was there every single day I was scheduled, on time. Except for one day when I locked my keys in my garage and I was going to come in after I got them out, roughly an hour after I was scheduled; but was told not to bother. Not only was I there every day, I was there on the holidays, including Christmas. I busted my ass making sure EVERYTHING was taken care of properly before I left for the day.

Granted these are every day things that should be taken care of. It's in the job description. I don't do anything half assed, so when I put my mind to something, I do it completely and fully; as with my job at Shari's every day.

I left today without even a good-bye. Not a "we're going to sure miss you around here!" Or even a handshake and good luck. It left me feeling just slightly under appreciated. It was a great job. I'll miss the money for the amount of work I had to do. But, I guess I just won't have to miss the people that much.

Why do I get the sick feeling that when I leave the salon it's going to be the same? She didn't even remember my birthday.

No comments: