Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Excuse Me!


What the HELL is happening to our manners!?!! Seriously, I've been noticing it a lot lately. And we're not talking about the stupid petty uptight manners either like putting your elbows on the table. Just common sense, general do unto others be nice fucking manners!

Take for example today at Safeway. I've already got qualms with people who ride around in those fucking motorized carts because they're too fat to walk! HELLO! If you walked around, you'd be less fat and in the long run have less problems! Leo pointed her out to me in the produce section; where she, her husband and their gaggle of children tried to run me over. It wasn't blatant so I just brushed it off to they weren't paying attention because they were all engrossed in some sort of conversation; probably about why their family tree had no branches.

We finished our brief shopping trip and were headed to the checkout counter when this bitch came blazin down the main isle in the front by the cash registers and almost collided with a tiny Asian woman coming around a corner out of an aisle. The little Asian woman had to come to an abrupt halt to avoid hitting the fat lady on her robo cart of death and one of her spawn. When she did this, she knocked over a full display of batteries, that went of corse all over the floor. Not all nice like either, it was a mess.

Having seen this, I put down the groceries in my hands on a nearby table, and proceeded to help the lady pick up the batteries.

*now I need you to picture this situation: The cart is at an angle blocking most of the front aisle. I'm on the other side of the cart; sandwiched between this lady's cart and an end cap helping pick up batteries. The little Asian woman is also sandwiched but with an easy escape route because she's close to the end of the cart. I, however at this point, have NO escape route should someone try to move the cart and squish me....*

While I'm helping this woman pick up the batteries, the heffer on wheels has decided that she can neither go down another aisle and go around, nor wait for us to finish picking up the batteries. SO she feels that it's appropriate to bark orders at her son to move the nearby lawn furniture, so she could get around. Her slightly obese child half assededly moved the chairs and she proceeded to force her way between the chairs and the cart. Of corse there was NOT enough room to move the cow and her laze mobile between without moving the cart. Don't forget that I'm going to get squished if the cart is moved toward me.

Yea, I got squished. Because some fat cow couldn't wait 5 fucking seconds while we picked up a mess that she almost completely caused to happen! The whole time she's snarling in an irritated voice "Excuse, ME!" I finished helping the woman pick up the batteries and we paid for our groceries and left.

I think that Leo and I were so utterly shocked that she was SO rude that we simply could not say what we wanted to say to her. Honestly, I'd like to take her out back and flog her ass for being such a bitch, and on top of it all teaching her child that it's ok! This is why, as a nation, we're going to shit. Because people only care about themselves. The cashier was probably more shocked that I helped the woman out than the lady who was so rude.

Tis a sad, sad World we're living in. And it's not getting any better....it's getting WORSE!

No comments: