Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Step out of the Dark Ages!



The man amazes me every time I talk to him! Not only can he babble on about NOTHING, but he makes me pretend to act like I care.

My effing father-in-law calls today. Normally I don't mind so much. After all, I'm the favorite; I didn't have the first boy, but Sam is such a bitch that he STILL likes me better.

Normally it's not so bad on the phone. I get the occasional Bible reference, that I promptly let go in one ear and out the other and then it's over in a matter of about an hour and I'm ok. Irritated, but ok.

Today he called around 12:45. He was wondering why I was home already. I think I actually startled him, I don't think he was expecting to get anybody. Any way, I explained to him that I worked this morning, and I was already home for the day. But that Leo was at work and he was probably going to have a late day.

These were his exact words to me....

"Well, good now you can prepare him dinner!"

I'm not shitting you! I was shocked that he didn't say "Why aren't you barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen by now!?!" Fucker! And the worst part, I had to pretend I didn't hear it and keep talking to him like he never even said it.

His policy: "Women and children should be seen and not heard!"
My Policy: "Get the fuck out of the Dark Ages you bible thumping bigot bastard!"

1 comment:

Queen of De-Nile said...

Oh yea, I totally understand it could be worse. But it's still frustrating when it does happen. I do work 2 jobs, and all that good stuff.

Good luck with yours!